Should I contact the police?

Yes. You should report any accident to law enforcement where an injury may be involved. Under Texas Law, an operator of motor vehicle who is involved in a car accident that results in injuries or death is required to immediately: Stop the vehicle at the scene of the accident, determine whether a person involved in the accident requires aid, and give notice of the accident to the local police department or sheriff’s office.